Banzai Hiring Update: Welcome Rachel & Matt!
Please join us as we welcome the addition of two new executive team members, Rachel Goldstein, VP of Marketing, and Matt Yokell, Director of Operations.
“Banzai is scaling rapidly and Rachel and Matt both bring a depth of experience that is allowing us to reach more customers and serve them better,” said Joe Davy, CEO. “Their past professional achievements are tremendous, and we are excited to continue the contributions they have already begun to make at Banzai.”
Goldstein, the company’s first marketing executive, has extensive B2B marketing experience. Before Banzai, she spent four years at Lighter Capital, where as VP of Marketing she helped propel top-line growth of 7X. Prior to Lighter Capital, Goldstein was VP of B2B Operations at Underground Elephant, a direct response marketing company based in San Diego. She will focus on dramatically increasing the company’s profile with event marketers, building on the company’s already impressive growth.
“It’s an exciting time to join Banzai. We’re transforming how businesses make events successful,” Goldstein said. “Since our founding three years ago, our end-to-end event marketing solution has already generated over 30,000 event and conference registrations for our customers. I look forward to building a marketing organization to drive continued growth, helping SMB, Mid-Market, and Enterprise B2B marketing organizations achieve their event ROI goals.”
Fun Facts About Rachel:
- Most Rewatched Movie: Clue. She made her parents rent the movie from Blockbuster at least once a week for about 3 years.
- If she could only have one food for the rest of her life it would be Peanut Butter M&Ms.
- Quote That Best Describes You: “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
- One Goal for 2020: Stop eating peanut butter M&Ms and watching Clue.
Yokell, an operations leader with proven success in building high-performance teams worldwide, joins as the Director of Operations. He started his career in the military and spent 10 years at iContact, including more than three years as Director of Customer Support, in charge of the company’s offshore contact center operations in both Asia and LATAM. Before joining Banzai, Matt was COO at Bullpen, a NC triangle-based startup that modernizes the way that homeowners and Realtors maintain their homes and listings.
“Banzai has grown so rapidly over the last three years, and I am excited to be an integral part of its success as it ventures into the next phase,” said Yokell. “Leveraging my experience building teams and systems in the business processing outsourcing sector coupled with a strong foundation in email marketing, I look forward to bringing operational excellence to the team.”
Fun facts about Matt:
- He loves to travel and has visited 20 countries across 5 continents. He even spent several years living overseas.
- He started brewing beer in 2014 and hasn’t looked back since. Matt appreciates most styles but has a particular fondness for Porters and NE style IPAs.
- Matt spent 4 years in the Navy as an Avionics Technician working on the F-14, F/A-18 and EA-6b
- Quote That Best Describes You: “We should always be asking ourselves ‘Is this something that is, or is not, in my control?'” – Epictetus
- Most Rewatched Movie: Matt is a big fan of old kung fu movies. His favorite is Master of the Flying Guillotine – “the silliness along with the great soundtrack always brings me back”.
- Lifetime goal: To attend a game at every major league ballpark – currently at 10 out of 30.
Banzai is the easiest way to discover and market professional events. Field marketing teams around the world use Banzai to automate and simplify marketing for their events, driving more registrations and more engaged attendees.